When adding media into TNG, you have three basic methods available:
- You want to add only one media, or one media at a time, with the opportunity to edit the media information at that time. Read on.
- You have a number of media files in your TNG media folder, but not yet associated with your family tree. You just want to bulk import them into the tree and will associate them later. Read the article on “How to import media”.
- You have a number of media files on your home computer and want to bulk import them into TNG. But you also want to then give them titles and descriptions, and to associate them with individuals, families, sources or places. Read the article on “How to upload media”.
- File to upload comes from your home computer. My choice this time.
- File name on site comes from your own media subfolder on the TNG website.
- Body Text will accept a direct text file from you. You can hand type it into this box. Or you can copy-and-paste from another text or word file from elsewhere (e.g., a file on your computer or text from a website). Note that you have some text formatting buttons along the top of this box.