In TNG, a “collection” is just a way to catalogue your media into standard and custom categories. It makes it easier for your visitors to find images on your website. It also makes sense to be able to separate digital artifacts of headstones, documents, video and audio recordings. Visitors to your site can select collections from your main menu, or from the pulldown menu bar, under “Media”. They will have seven standard choices:
- Photos Photographs, family gatherings, homesteads, working groups, marriages, travel
- Documents photos or scanned images of important documents, birth/marriage/death certificates, military records, employment, and immigration.
- Headstones images of graveside markers. Note that the Headstone collection also can capture information on cemetery market condition.
- Histories This is more of a document repository, of a narrative on your ancestry research.
- Videos Video recordings.
- Recordings Aural recordings.
- All Media All of the above.